Friday, 13 January 2017

KAL Chat!

Hey there lovelies!

I apologise that I didn't get this post done sooner.  I just haven't had the energy to sit and write this week until now.

As promised in my last post I will be talking to you about the fun KALs (knit-a-longs) I am going to *try* and participate in this year, and they are as follows:

The Crazy Sock Lady Podcast
KAL Name: Selfish KAL
Hashtag: #selfishkal
Runs from: 1st January - 31st March 2017
Rules: - Must be something that you are making for yourself.

KAL Name: Sock Crazy KAL 2017
Hashtag: #sockcrazykal2017
Runs from: 1st January - 31st December 2017
Rules: - NO WIPS.  Socks must be cast on 1st January or later.
           - As many socks as you can knit.
           - One post per finished pair.  Number the posts as you go, for example "Sock 1", etc.

The Yarn and I, Capi Podcast
KAL Name: 1, 2, 3 For Me KAL/CAL
Hashtag: #123formekalcal
Runs from: 1st January - 31st December 2017
Rules: - Anything you make for YOU, that makes you feel joy, counts.

Inside Number 23 Podcast
KAL Name: Harry Potter KAL 2017
Hashtag: #23HPKAL2017
Runs from: 1st January - 31st December 2017
Rules: - NO WIPS. Must be cast on 1st January or later.
           - Must be Harry Potter related.

The Knitting Broomstick Podcast 
KAL Name: 13 Months of Magic KAL
Hashtag: #13momKAL
Runs from: 1st January 2017 - 31st January 2018
Rules: - NO WIPS.
           - Must craft 13 complete objects.
           - One post per 13 items.
           - Projects must have something to do with magic, witches, etc.

Yarngasm Podcast
KAL Name: Box O Sox 2017 KAL
Hashtag: #BoxOsoxKAL2017
Runs from: 1st January - 31st December 2017
Rules: - Knit at least 12 pairs of socks for yourself, and put them in a nice box.

Tea & Possibilities Podcast
KAL Name: Best Year Ever KAL
Hashtag: #BestYearEverKAL
Runs from: 1st January - 31st December 2017
Rules: - Knit or crochet 4 items that bring you joy.

The great thing about these KALs is I can submit one item for multiple KALSs, or "poly-dip" as I've heard many call it! I'm really excited about creating some lovely things for myself this year, and I'm also excited to use some of the gorgeous yarns I have in my stash! This year there is going to be the first ever yarn festival here in Northern Ireland, and I'm so so looking forward to it! It's being held on the 5th of August in Whitehead, and you can find out more about Yarnfolk festival here: http://www.yarnfolkwoolfest.com/

I'll be going along, so I'll be trying to make some room in my stash for all the gorgeous yarns I will no doubt be tempted to buy! I'd better start saving! 😂

So tell me, are you going to be participating in any KALs this year? I'd also love to hear about any yarny events you are looking forward to attending!

Till next time,
Naomi x

No comments:

Post a Comment