Tuesday, 24 January 2017

Have Courage & Be Kind

Hey there lovelies!

This week I decided I wanted to talk about something a little different, and that topic is kindness.

Now one of the reasons I wanted to talk about kindness here is because of the amount of love, support & compassion I've been seeing not only online but also in my own life in some way or another.

Personally I have noticed that I have been getting a lot of help & support, not only from family & friends but also from strangers out and about. Now whether this is because I now use my crutch when I'm out (due to my chronic health problems), or if it is just random acts of kindness, I don't know. However what I do know is how much it has helped me both physically and mentally.
Something as simple as getting a text to see how you are feeling makes a huge difference to everyone, no matter what they may face daily.

Online & especially in the IG crafting community the amount of kindness, compassion & support I see &  receive daily is truly amazing.  From IG trends like the #getyouryarnwishesgranted, to helping celebrate a crafting goal or achievement, the IG knitting/crafting community is such an incredibly inspiring and uplifting thing to be a part of.

Now I know there is a lot of discontent & dramas going on right now worldwide, and I'm not going to get into that, but what I do want to talk about is how you can show kindness in every little thing you do.

This could be texting a friend everyday to see how they are, it could be a random act of kindness like donating something for someone in need, or even buying a bunch of flowers for a loved one. These little acts of kindness help brighten someone's day, and in many ways it may help them more than you will ever know.

In the face of diversity & discontent showing compassion and kindness is the biggest act of courage possible. To have courage and be kind, to all regardless of any differences, is a powerful thing. A kind & courageous heart and compassionate personality are, in my opinion, the best attributes anyone can have.

So my lovelies, this week I encourage you to do those little acts of kindness, show a little compassion, and help those who maybe aren't as fortunate in some way. You might just be the bright light in someone's day, that puts a twinkle in their eye & a smile on their face.

After all, "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” (Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, J.K. Rowling.)

Till next time,
Naomi x

No comments:

Post a Comment