Monday, 16 January 2017

Goals for crafting & me!

Hey there lovelies!

Today I am going to chat about my 2017 crafting & "normal" goals.  I'm not calling them resolutionx cause I always fail at those! Lol!

So first off my Crafting Goals for 2017.  As can be expected I have quite a few! So without furtherado my crafting goals are:
1. Knit at least 12 pairs of socks for myself - this is not only so I have lots of lovely handknit socks, but also so I can join in with the Box O Sox 2017 KAL I talked about in my last post.
2. Knit 6 shawls - last year I knit 5, so this isn't as hard as it may sound! 1 shawl every 2 months will be manageable I think!
3. Knit 3 hats for myself - Again this isn't impossible, hats are a relatively quick knit for me so this is a totally doable goal.
4. Knit 2 garments - this year I would love to complete my Transmute jumper & also knit a Risen cardigan, both patterns are by Melanie Berg (check her designs out on Ravelry, they are gorgeous!)
5. Knit from stash - again not hard to do, and I have projects lined up for a lot of my stash.
6. Design at least 1 more pattern.
7. Learn 2 new techniques - I'm interested in learning both colourwork & brioche as they both look gorgeous.
8. Knit at least 4 charity projects a month - Already on track with this one too :)

So that's my knitting/crafting goals for 2017! I think they are all doable, and I'm excited to give it a go.

I also have 2 "normal" or personal goals for this year, and they are:
1. Lose weight. Yup I know, it's a rather generic goal, but I'm really not happy with my weight or the way I look so this year I am determined to do something about it.
2. Take control of my health. This goal is a really important one for me because of my health struggles due to chronic illness.  This year I want to take back that control rather than live my life according to my health conditions.  Yes I know this isn't entirely possible as my health conditions are here for life, but I would like to take back my life in whatever way possible.  I have already changed my diet back to the gluten free diet, which gives me a little bit more energy, and helps my body & digestive system relax and heal.

So there you have it lovelies, my goals for 2017. Do you have any goals, crafting or otherwise, for 2017? I'd love to hear them! Leave me a comment below.

Till next time,
Naomi x

No comments:

Post a Comment