Saturday, 24 December 2016

Christmas Eve Cast On 2016

Hey there everyone!

I'm back after a rather unscheduled hiatus.  The past few months have been quite hectic & rather insane, and in the run up to Christmas life always seems to move so quickly and without pause.  It's now Christmas Eve, and I don't know about anyone else, but it doesn't really feel like Christmas to me.  Tonight I am sitting down with my family, watching movies and I will be starting my Christmas Eve Cast On soon.  

The Christmas Eve Cast On is a tag on Instagram, and was started by the lovely Dani from Little Bobbins (littlebobbins.co.uk), and the overall concept is that you choose a pair of socks to knit, and cast on on Christmas Eve, sharing pics of your yarn, project bag, and the pattern you have chosen & progress pics on IG with the tag #lbkchristmasevesocks16 :)

The yarn I'm going to be using is a lovely skein from NorahGeorgeYarns on Etsy, and the yarn is a self-striping sock yarn in the 'Moaning Myrtle' colourway.  Gorgeous tones of grey, white, pinks and a touch of purples, it's a beautiful yarn and I can't wait to see how it knits up! I think I may also do contrasting cuffs, heels & toes in an awesome pink/purple mini skein I got recently in an order from Fondant Fibre (www.fondantfibre.co.uk).

As the yarn is self-striping I'm just going to knit a plain vanilla sock, and I think I'm going to knit a Fish Lips Kiss Heel as well, as it is my current favourite! The bag I'm using is a little drawstring project bag I made this week especially for my Christmas Eve Cast On! The fabric is actually a tea towel I got in Primark, and I rather like transforming tea towels into project bags.  Because of the fabric, the bag does not require any interfacing, and is the perfect size for a decent medium size bag.  Granted this bag didn't turn out the size I was aiming for, as it was my first attempt at making a drawstring bag, and I miscalculated where to place the drawstring (oops).  Ah well, practice makes perfect & it's still a rather cute bag!


Now I'm off to make a cuppa and sit down ready to cast on.  I'm hoping to get back to posting here regularly, and to begin with I'm aiming for once a week.

Have a lovely Christmas, and a great New Year!

Till next time,

Naomi x

No comments:

Post a Comment