Monday, 11 April 2016

Perfect projects...

Hello there lovelies!
Sorry it's been a while since my last post. Life kind of got in the way, but I'm back and hope to write a new blog post once a week. I've even wrote it in my planner!

So, as you all know I love to crochet, and trying new patterns and new lovely yarn is so nice too. A lovely friend of mine had her birthday last Friday, and I decided to make her something yarn-y and gorgeous. She loves to craft so I thought I'd make her a new craft bag. 

I went to one of my favourite blogs for some inspiration, and found the perfect bag pattern written by the lovely Lucy from Attic24. You can find the pattern here: http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/crochet-bag.html

So without further ado, here is the finished bag:

I'm so pleased with how it turned out! I used yarn I had in my stash, and it is so colourful and great! The entire bag is 34 rows in total (4 less than the pattern), and I made the lovely little scalloped edge, and two rather nice handles as well! Each handle has 7 rows, and I started off with a chain of 80 as I didn't want them too long. 

I'm going to be giving it to my friend on Thursday, and I can't wait to see what she thinks. I just hope she likes it!

I really love Lucy from Attic24's patterns. They are so easy to follow, and I love that she includes pictures of her projects on her blog and also on Facebook and Instagram. Definitely go check her blog out!

I loved making this bag so much that I have actually started making one for myself! So far I have done 10 rows, so I have only 4 increase rows left and then it's on to the sides of the bag.  I also indulged a little, and bought some gorgeous Stylecraft yarn from Wool Warehouse:

It's so nice to work with! I might just have to order some more! 

Here is my bag so far:

I love these colours! So pretty! The purple yarn is a lovely one my friend bought for me for my birthday. It's Sirdar Snuggly DK in the purple colourway. Gorgeous!

Right lovelies that's all for today, now I'm off to work a little more on my bag. 

Till next time,
Naomi x

No comments:

Post a Comment