Saturday, 23 April 2016

Busy times & podcast love!

Hi there lovelies!
This week has been a bit of a hectic one, with work, crochet, and preparing for the Fibromyalgia Awareness Day on the 12th of May. It's 3 weeks away, but there is a lot to be done, especially through my work at my local Fibromyalgia charity. 

This year we have decided to have a bake & craft sale, and this is where crochet comes to play! I have decided to make a c2c blanket for our raffle, as well as other crochet bits and pieces I have to make for the craft sale, and I also have baking to do for the bake sale. Oven gloves and crochet hooks at the ready! 

In other news I have finished the crocheted bag I was working on for myself. Ta da!


I absolutely love the colours I used, and as I mentioned in my last post the yarn I used is Stylecraft Special DK, and the purple is Sirdar Snuggly DK. 

I am also going to be learning a new craft/skill from next week. I have signed up for a sewing class! Sewing is something I've always wanted to learn, so I can't wait to get started!

As you all know I already crochet and knit, but one thing you don't know is that while I craft I love to watch podcasts. In particular I love to watch knitting, crochet, and sewing podcasts. My current favourites are:
- Little Bit Fae Knits podcast
- Cherry Heart podcast 
- Betsy Makes podcast. 

These are the 3 main ones I watch, and I have finally got caught up on all of them! Little Bit Fae Knits is a podcast made by the awesome Shianan. I absolutely love watching her podcast, she always makes me laugh, her dye works are beautiful, and I find her podcast so funny and interesting. (http://www.littlebitfae.com/posts/category/podcast/)

Cherry Heart is by Sandra Paul, who is not only a lovely woman, but also an amazing designer. Her designs are so beautiful, and I wish I had her talent for crochet! (http://sandra-cherryheart.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Podcast?m=1)

Lastly, Betsy Makes is by Sam, another lovely woman with more talent in her little finger than I have in my whole body! Not only does she crochet, she also sews, and her designs in both crafts are gorgeous and truly stunning. (http://betsymakes.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1)

Do you like to craft or watch podcasts? Let me know in the comments!

Till next time,
Naomi x

No comments:

Post a Comment