Sunday, 13 March 2016

The art of storytelling


Storytelling is an art from, often forgotten and dismissed as something trivial. But in essence, it is something that inspires us all, it even defines us. From the tales we share, the novels we read, even the films we watch. Every story affects us in some way, even if we don't realise it at first. 

As I previously mentioned in another post, I love to read, and every story leaves an impression, a mark. It takes me to a different world, one where I can leave my worries and troubles behind, and get lost in someone else's story. And when I've finished, I gain more from each story than I ever thought I could. They change my way of thinking, and help me in more ways than one. 

Through the art of storytelling we all gain something, be it empathy, compassion, or even a newfound love for something we never expected we would. We all have a story just waiting to be heard. 

So what are you waiting for? Tell your story, you never know, you might just learn something new. 

Till next time,
Naomi x

No comments:

Post a Comment