Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Reach Out to Others


Hey lovelies!

Since my last post I have started volunteering again. A few years ago I volunteered in a local Barnardos charity shop, and I did enjoy it. This week I have started volunteering in a Fibromyalgia charity shop & advice centre. Once the office is up and running I will be helping there, but for the meantime I am giving a hand to the other volunteers in the shop. 

This charity shop is rather unique, in that everyone who works/volunteers there suffers from Fibromyalgia. In many ways this is great, as it provides the public with an opportunity to sit down and chat with someone suffering from the condition. Many people who are recently diagnosed come in for a cuppa and some advice. 

Everyone that I have met in the couple of days I have went down to the shop is lovely. The volunteers are great, and they make me feel more normal and as if I am not alone. Because they suffer from the same condition, there is a fundamental understanding between them, myself, and any other sufferers. 

Volunteering not only helps others, but also yourself. It helps raise self-esteem, your general mood, and also provides you with an opportunity to meet others. 

So why not try it for yourself? 

Till next time,
Naomi x

No comments:

Post a Comment