Monday, 28 December 2015

The perils of panic attacks

A panic attack is one of the most scary things that can happen to you. You feel as though you are trapped in a tunnel, you can't breathe, can't move. 


Today I took a panic attack in the middle of work. Work was busy, and I was surrounded by customers. I felt like I couldn't breathe, so I went upstairs, where my best friend found me. She took me outside and talked to me, while work called for an ambulance as I felt faint and short of breath. 

Went to the hospital and had all the usual tests done. Everything fine thankfully, so now I'm going home. 

I still feel anxious though. 

That's the thing with panic attacks. They are always lurking around. They can strike at any time. And let me tell you, that is a hard thing to deal with. 

Today I took 2 panic attacks and in the hospital I was on the verge of another. 

Tomorrow is unknown, but like with any illness whatever it may be, you have to live today and try not to think about what tomorrow may bring. 

If you ever suffer from a panic attack, get someone to talk you through it. Focus on their voice, look into their eyes.  Distract yourself from what you are feeling. 

The attack will pass. 

If you have any questions please let me know using the hashtag NovelNaomi, or leave me a comment below. 

Till next time,
Naomi x

No comments:

Post a Comment