Wednesday, 23 December 2015

Favourite things about Christmas



What would Christmas be without a little post about this festive time of year? 

So, for my latest post I've decided to do a little list of my favourite things about Christmas. Tis the season after all!

1. Giving gifts
One thing I love, is giving gifts to those special to me. I love searching for that perfect gift, and seeing their reaction when they open it. This year I bought one of my friends a memories photo frame, and I put photos of us and our friends in it for her. Her reaction was so amazing, and she loved her gift, which made me happy!  

2. The decorations
From the wreath on our front door, to the lights on in town, the decorations never fail to make me smile. There is something so heartwarming about seeing them up, and seeing the faces of little kids when they see the trees lit up. 

3. The smiles
As I've stated before, I work in retail, and throughout my day at work I see many different people. Young and old, they never fail to smile when they you say "merry Christmas". Sharing seasons greetings is a great way to share a little joy. 

4. The food
I love food at Christmas time! From mince pies to the turkey and all its trimmings, there is nothing better! And a little indulgence never hurt anyone right? I also love baking at this time of year, not only for my family but also as gifts for others. You can never go wrong with some homemade treats! 

5. The carols
From a young age I have always adored Christmas carols. They make me feel happy when I hear them, especially my three favourites: Silent Night, Angels we Have Heard On High, and O Holy Night. They also remind us all of the true meaning of Christmas, which I think is sometimes forgotten in the hustle and bustle of the festive season. 

What are your favourite things about Christmas? Let me know in the comments or by using the hashtag #NovelNaomi on Twitter. 

Merry Christmas!
Naomi x


No comments:

Post a Comment